Thursday, November 21, 2013

Jessie's Fun Day

Brenda took Jessie to Meijer's grocery shopping, post office, gas station, McDonald's drive thru for lunch at home and a meeting with Jessie's Case Worker. Then they went bowling in the afternoon, and didn't get home until almost 5:00 p.m.  It was so strange for me to be alone in the house - it doesn't happen very often. 

For some reason the bottom of my left foot - on the right side hurts quite a bit.  We think it's because the blood from my bruising is moving down into my foot and causing pain.  It hurts to walk.  I've been downstairs almost all day - did a couple loads of wash and started some paper work when I decided I need to rest and ice my leg.  I think I'm about ready to do that again.  When the machines were delivered before my surgery, the fellow said that the ice machine would become my best friend.  I know what he meant.  Having a large wrap on your leg that also compresses and the temperature is 43 degrees isn't fun, but it has reduced swelling in my leg, which is really important in movement.  I look forward to the daily swelling reduction, but I also have to wrap up with quilts when using it. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nancy - glad to see that you are coming along so well. You will be up and running before long! Have a day full of Joy. Becky

    ReplyDelete