Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thank You Community Care Volunteers!





I thought it was time for some Jessie pictures.  After Halloween and before I had surgery, Jess and I went to Wendy's and they still had some Shrek Kid's Meal toys left.  The manager gave Jessie her pick.  Doesn't she look cute in Shrek ears?

The bottom picture was taken tonight as Jon fixed dinner and Jessie helped me unload the dishwasher.  She does a really, really good job. 

I managed to pay 3 bills, do 2 loads of wash, and help Jon fluff the branches on the living room Christmas tree.  I also iced my leg for quite a bit this afternoon.  I'll share here what I put on FB when I sat down to rest ...

"There's nothing quite like resting in a chair on a blustery winter's day with one leg wrapped in a 43 degree ice wrap from ankle to above the knee.  30 minutes of cold and compression.  30 minutes off then on again.  Not to mention sitting next to a window air conditioner I have failed to seal for the winter.  Yup, there's nothing quite like it.  Oh and did I mention that I'm still waring shorts?"

Despite the horribly cold and winter morning, two families came from church (Community Care Program) and raked my leaves.  Their work is really appreciated.  They did a great job!  I am so glad that the leaves will not be there come spring. 


No comments:

Post a Comment