Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Surgery Date - Thursday, November 7

I want to thank "Becky" and "Anonymous" for their notes of encouragement.  I needed them tonight because, as hard as I try, I'm a bit of a wreck about Thursday.  I'm not worried about anything specific regarding my surgery and recovery.  It's my concern about Jessie.  She had a mini meltdown this afternoon about my surgery.  I felt bad, but I guess she needed it.  She's perfectly fine right now - she's laying on the couch with her iPad singing along to Jesus songs.  I should take my cue from her and go upstairs and sing Jesus songs, too, as an audible reminder to me that God is in control - He loves Jess even more than I could ever love her and she'll be OK. 

I am very glad that Jon has sacrificed several days off of work without pay to be with me for the surgery and afterwards.  Nothing like having my own private nurse!  Please pray for him as he juggles being my coach, my care giver, Jess and the house.  I couldn't have asked for a better son.  The name "Jonathan" means "Gift of God", and he surely has been. 

Well, if I don't write tomorrow night, don't worry.  I'll try to remember.  I have to get up at 3:45 a.m. in order for us to leave at 4:30!  I am NOT a morning person.  I'm sure I've said this before.  I'll be back after my surgery.  Counting on all of your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. We will keep those prayers going tomorrow and while you are away. God has it all firmly in his grip - isn't that wonderful. Joy to you today. Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here we are on the 7th - in my neck of the cyber woods it is 2 in the afternoon. I am hoping that you are out of surgery and doing well. Healing prayers and best wishes to you from Big Sky Country.

    ReplyDelete