Thursday, July 3, 2014

An "Oh, NO!" Hour

Rachel took Jessie to breakfast this morning and met her Case Worker, Kelly.  Jon was going to treat me to breakfast when it began to rain.  Just a little.  Then, the power went out.  Shocked, all I could say was: "OH, NO! NO! NO! NO!  Not again!"  This no power is getting really old. 

We waited until Rachel and Jessie got home then we began to leave and now it was pouring and cold.  I told Jon we should just stay home and fry up some eggs.  His reply: "And how are you going to manage that?"  Well, what can I say.  It's like being in a power outage and going into a dark room and flicking on the light switch.  We went to breakfast but not the restaurant we wanted because it, too, had no power.  The restaurant we chose was crowded and understaffed.  Not a good way to begin the day.

Luckily the power came back on after about an hour.  I spent several hours doing paper work then I took Rachel and Jessie and we went to the post office, bank, Walgreen's and McDonald's drive thru for a sandwich only. 

No comments:

Post a Comment