Thursday, July 10, 2014

No Internet Last Night

After another busy day yesterday I went to the computer to blog only to find we had no internet.  Now I can't remember all I was going to put in writing.  Oh, well.  Lois and I were out for about 7 hours with 3 appointments and shopping.  Jon worked.  Jessie was with Debbie and gave everyone a scare.  She had gone into the bathroom and locked the door.  Debbie went around to the other door and found Jessie with the straw from an attached WD-40 can in her mouth.  As far as Debbie could tell, she didn't spray it in her mouth, but she may have ingested some residue from the straw.  Debbie called the poison control for this particular brand and they assured her that if she had sprayed it in her mouth or tasted anything, she'd be frantic to get it out of her mouth since the taste was so horrible.  She wasn't acting like that, so we figured she was OK.  Gave us serious concern for awhile, though.

Today my day didn't start well.  My hair dryer quit and then when I was raising the blinds downstairs in the morning, my left leg turned somehow and I twisted my ankle and went flying across the floor and caught myself on the coffee table.  Jessie grabbed my arm and said, "OK?" and Memphis came around to see what he could do (he was trained to help his partner up off the floor, only I wasn't trained in that maneuver.)  I wrenched my back and hurt my bad arm.  I am such a menace to myself. 

Today Jon spent the day with Lois at an appointment then shopped till they almost dropped.  (Tomorrow we pack rubbermaids.)  I had an appointment at 1:30 in Troy then stopped at FCS and Barnes and Noble before coming home.  Debbie took Jessie to her Gym class.  After dinner Lois and I watched, "Leap Year".  Everyone is upstairs and either in bed or getting ready.  I think I'll join them. 

1 comment: