Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Monday and Tuesday

Yesterday was so long that it seemed like 2 days.  It began with a doctor's appointment for me in Auburn Hills, lunch at Subway, home to grab Jess and then I took her to the doctor's on the opposite side of town to have him look in her throat again.  Her tonsils are still swollen and touching, but no abscess.  That was good.  However, I think I'll take her back for blood work because she's been sleeping a lot.  Jon thinks I should make sure she doesn't have mono.  She has some symptoms of that.  It wouldn't hurt to check.

I rested a bit in the afternoon then fixed dinner.  At 9:00 p.m. I left and drove to Imlay City and picked up Chris and we drove to the Flint airport to pick up Lois.  She's home for a month for vacation and many doctor's appointments.  Her plane didn't land until 11:30 and we didn't get home until 1:00 a.m.  I'm glad Chris was willing to travel with me and that God held off the bad weather.

I think I got to sleep around 1:30 p.m. and at 3:30 a.m. the thunder and lightning began.  Bill always wanted me to shut off the air conditioner when it stormed so I did shut it off.  Just in time to hear the sirens, which have never gone off at night before than I can remember.  I got everyone downstairs in record time and Jess in the closet.  All for nothing - THANK GOD !!! 

Back upstairs and asleep probably by 4:30 a.m.  Not a great way to start another day, but I'm thankful for sirens and cell phone notifications from The Weather Channel.  Too many times we've had pop-up bad weather.  I never take a chance.

Lois went out with her siblings for the day and Jessie went to the pool with Rachel (Debbie is on vacation).  I wasn't feeling real well so I sat in the chair and didn't get up until noon.  Spent the day doing wash and a lot of odds and ends.  I'm ready to call it a day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment