Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My Aunt Elsie Would Be So Proud Of Jon (and Me!)

Jon's square foot garden is producing some great harvest this year.  I've frozen sugar snap peas for the holidays and today we canned purple beans.  This was Jon's and my first attempt of canning. 
It seemed to take forever, but we were both proud of our accomplishment when they were put downstairs in the cupboard for later. 

My mom's sister, Aunt Elsie, canned all the time.  I remember their huge garden out behind their house and their root cellar with all the bottles of canned vegetables and fruits.  I don't remember my mom canning anything.  Guess that's because we grew up in the city. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been out of town and just back and catching up. Canning is very hard work but it looks like you all did a good job!

    ReplyDelete