Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy July 4th !!!

Jon worked today so it was me and Jessie.  We began with breakfast at McDonald's, Kohl's for a few items then grocery shopping at Meijer's.  We left around 9:30 and didn't get home until 1:30 pm.  I was exhausted.  It was especially trying today because for some reason there were scores of crabby kids and babies at Meijer's.  Plus I forgot some items and had to back track, which is common for me.  The last time I forgot an item I just figured I'd get it next week.  Once again Jessie did an awesome job scanning every item.  An employee commented that they should hire her.  That was nice to hear.

Jess and I had a late lunch on the couch, I read for an hour then closed my eyes.  Nap time.  It was nice outside but I don't like being on the deck and Jessie alone in the house.  If I'm on the couch, I feel and hear her moving and know what she's doing.  Surprisingly, at 4:00 she got up and fed the dog on her own!  I think she likes her independence. 

We waited to have dinner when Jon got home at 8:00 p.m.  Two hours later than normal, but we did have the late lunch.

So, it was a different 4th.  I felt Bill's absence today more than usual. Jessie just went up stairs to go to bed.  Jon's in his room, too.  I guess I'll join them.  If I had someone to go with me, I'd go to Meijer's parking lot and watch the fireworks that people will be shooting off tonight.  It's a great place to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment