Friday, July 18, 2014

Daddy's Goulash

I spent the entire day and part of the evening on the deck doing paperwork.  I enjoyed myself.  Well, not doing the paperwork, but being outside on such a nice day was great.  I accomplished what I set out to do, so that makes it even better.

Rachel and Jessie went to breakfast then a Nature Center.  When they got home Jess emptied the dish washer, folded towels and even vacuumed.  They read books, watched videos and played games.  Jess also spent time in her hammock.  Both girls had a good day.

For some odd reason I thought of making goulash and cornbread for dinner.  I haven't made it in many, many months.  I knew Jessie would complain, which she did, but I told her it was Daddy's goulash and she ate it when he made it.  So I sat the bowl in front of her and she tried it.  Unbelievably, she gave it a one-thumb up!  I couldn't believe it.  Then she said, "Thank you, Daddy!"  I reminded her that I actually made it tonight!  When Jon got home from work he also complimented the meal.  A great ending to a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment