Saturday, July 12, 2014

Girls Day Out

Jessie, Lois and I left at 9:20 a.m. and returned around 3:00 p.m.  Here's our list of stops:  McDonald's drive thru for a $1.00 breakfast sandwich, Judy's for alterations for Lois, bank, home, post office, home, Target, Michael's (Lois), Home Depot (Jess and me), McDonald's for lunch inside (Jessie's idea) and finally Meijer's for groceries.  That was plenty for a girls day out if you ask me. 

I took a short nap while Lois did computer work and Jessie played on her iPad.  We had dinner then we packed 2 rubbermaids.  Jon worked and had a busy day. 

When we were in the bank today a man came in that acted very strange.  He seemed to be scoping the place out.  He came in with shorts on and a sweatshirt he zipped all the way up just before entering the building.  He also was wearing construction boots. Very odd.  What made matters more concerning for me was watching the tellers.  They were very aware of his presence and they were uneasy.  I was sitting down in the general area with Jessie waiting for Lois who was behind a glass partition.  I took Jessie and we went into an empty room next to Lois.  I got out my pepper spray and put it in my hand.  I was not carrying and sure wished I was.  The teller wouldn't give him his money without double checking with the manager - apparently he was from out of town.  He finally left and I watched him (as well as the tellers) get in his car and leave, only to see his car circle around the parking lot.  Jon was proud of me when I relayed the story to him because I had "situational awareness".

The 3 times I have been very concerned for my safety and others have been within a mile of my home.  I guess that proves that I should carry at all times, especially around town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment