Monday, September 29, 2014

A Visit To The Apple Lady

After PT, a trip to the bank and meeting Debbie and Jessie at Wendy's for lunch, Jon and I went to see "my mom's apple lady."  In 1967 there used to be a weekend flea market just south of 24 mile road on Van Dyke, I think by where John's Lumber is now.  When we moved to Shelby Twp. in 1968, my mom spent many fall days there getting fresh vegetables and striking up a friendship with "the apple lady", who was there selling apples, obviously.  I still get apples from her, only from her home.  Her husband is 82 and she is 81.  They are incredible people.  Jon and I spent quite a bit of time gabbing about gardening and fruit trees.  I also brought home 2 bushels of MacIntosh apples for making applesauce.

A special pray is requested for me.  My largest shoulder incision is infected.  I will need to go to the doctor's tomorrow, per my son, the RN.  It is puss filled and sore.  Just what I need.  Thanks for your prayers for a quick healing.  I'm not sure why it is infected now.  Tomorrow will be 7 weeks from my surgery.  

1 comment:

  1. I hope all went well with your shoulder yesterday. still praying. becky

    ReplyDelete