Monday, December 28, 2015

Merry Christmas, JoAnne !!!

I took my long-time friend (47 years) JoAnne out to breakfast then we went to the post office, Walgreen's, Kohl's, a bank, gas station and Meijer's. We hoped to be back home before the ice storm hit, but we didn't make it. Unfortunately, lines in Meijer's were awful. We stood in line for 30 minutes before it was my turn.

We had a light lunch, Rachel went home early, Jess watched YouTube and JoAnne and I watched Dolly Parton's "Coat of Many Colors" that Jon had taped for me. It was REALLY GOOD! I'm just shocked that it was on regular TV. It was very, what you might call, religious. A tear jerker, as well as proclaiming the One who gives us Hope. Jesus Christ. If you get a chance, please watch it. The little girl who plays 9-year old Dolly was amazing. If she doesn't get messed up in Hollywood, she'll go far in her career. Great actress. Great voice. I'll watch it again, I'm sure.

We're still in the midst of the ice storm and we still have power! I'm so grateful. Jon worked and he could only go 30 mph home. He said there wasn't much traffic. Everyone's staying home, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment