Sunday, April 5, 2020

A Day Filled With Blessings

Sunday - April 5

This morning while I was giving Jessie a bath, we were listening to Pastor Ed's Palm Sunday message from North Rome Wesleyan Church in PA. At one time when he prayed, Jessie grabbed my hand and we stopped, listened and prayed, too. That was special.

Later in the morning the 3 of us watched Woodside Bible Church - Troy Campus' Sunday message. We saw our music leader, Kip, leading the worship team (all in their separate homes) and even sang a new song. Lead Pastor, Chris Brooks brought the message.

We also took communion. It was an emotional time for me. We each had a Cheez-It and fruit punch. (The only container small enough for the fruit punch were shot glasses. I think I inherited them from my mom, as we don't drink. My mom didn't either. Weird.)

We haven't been able to share communion as we did today in years! The first time Jessie took communion after she asked Jesus in her heart at kids camp was with my dear friend, Doreen, many years ago.

Jessie sat with Jon the entire service without being on her iPad. That was a miracle!

Tonight Jess and I talked with Lois in Haiti. We used face time and Jessie and Lois kept throwing kisses at each other! Lois said that the family she is with and she watched Troy Woodside's service, too. They used saltine crackers and juice for the communion. How special it is that people all over the world can "go to church" in the safety and comfort of their homes in these times. It's a reminder that "the church" isn't a building - it's people. I am so thankful for technology so that even though we are alone physically, we can still keep in touch with others through face time, Facebook, etc. We are a blessed people.

Jessie and I also face timed Diane and Randie. They are both doing well. Diane's busy with working at home. Friday her WOW internet was down because of an accident with the fiber lines in Troy. She's up and running again, so she'll have to "go to work" in the morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment