Thursday, April 30, 2020

I Forgot Again

Wednesday, April 29 and Thursday, April 30

I guess I'm just not back in the swing of blogging each day. I shut down my computer last night before I remembered to write a post. Now I have to try to remember what we did yesterday! 😒 Maybe I'll just forget yesterday and blog today:

Jessie helped me clean out the kitchen dining room drawers. Well, 4 out of 6 we did. One of the counters is littered with items that I have to go through and put where they belong or throw away.

I have enjoyed being alone with Jessie even if times have been stressful. She's a great helper and does seem to want to work … IF you can get her iPad away from her.

I haven't done this much "spring cleaning" in years. As some of you may know, I had my right hip replaced last May 28. Almost one year ago! Prior to that date, I suffered greatly with awful pain and was unable to do much of anything for a year and a half. I am so thankful that the surgery went very well, my recovery was swift and I've not been in any hip pain since a couple weeks after the surgery.
Now, if I can just get my back fixed, I'd be running in the streets! Well, maybe not the streets.

I've had several phone calls and texts from dear friends the past two days that made me feel special. It reminds me of a song we used to sing years ago …  "The Family of God":

I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God.
I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood!
Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod, 
For I'm part of the family, the family of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment