Wednesday, April 22, 2020

An Insane Parrot

Wednesday, April 22

Well, the morning was good. Then around 12:30 Jess and I went to drop off a card at the post office, we picked up 2 prescriptions at Walgreen's drive thru then got our lunch at Wendy's drive thru. We drove to Frontier Town to eat with the goats but we weren't the only ones! A mom and 2 young girls were feeding the goats, another van was watching them and another vehicle pulled up before we left! It was a party!

When we reached our street, I cleared my throat. That did it! Jessie lost it. She yelled and screamed at me and had a royal melt down. She stomped in the garage and yelled, "YOU BAD!" among other things. This is not uncommon. Jessie has a phobia for anyone clearing their throat or coughing. She'll get very agitated and will yell. Unfortunately, this lasted for over 5 hours. Which reminded me of what I read on FB the other day:

Being quarantined with a talkative child
is like having an insane parrot
super glued to your shoulder! 

It's been a stressful afternoon/evening. I gave her an extra anxiety medicine plus 2 Tylenol hoping they would help. She's better now, but it took hours. 

I believe that Jessie has this phobia because her dad couldn't even swallow his saliva prior to passing away and coughed and choked quite a lot. He's been gone now for 8 years, and it's been a LONG 8 years of yelling and screaming at people who cough or clear their throat.   

No comments:

Post a Comment