Tuesday, April 21, 2020

How Many Drink Cups Are Enough?

Tuesday, April 21

Jessie and I worked on another project this afternoon. She sat on the floor and emptied 2 kitchen cabinets. One was filled with drink cups and another with kitchen miscellaneous items. She had fun going through the cups and deciding which ones she wanted and the ones that go to "cute kids" (Salvation Army).

Did I mention that not only is my blog a way of keeping in touch with us, but every 3 months I have the posts published in a book. It's like a diary to myself only much neater than the ones I used to write in since I was about 12 years old. I still have them, too! That's another project for another day - going through the rubbermaids of my life. They are stacked in my bedroom closet. It's a good thing the closet is big!

If you think of Jon, please pray for him and his co-workers as one of their staff passed away unexpectedly last night. (Not from the virus.) It was a shock to all.

Here's an old hymn that I find comforting:

He Giveth More Grace
by Hubert Mitchell

He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase;
To added affliction He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources,
Our Father's full giving is only begun.

(Chorus)
His love has no limit, His grace has no measure,
His power has no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus,
He giveth, and giveth and giveth again!






No comments:

Post a Comment