Saturday, July 11, 2020

A Mini Date Day

Our day began with a nice visit from my BFF Doreen's son, Matt. He drove in from PA to visit his MI friends and go to Family Camp in Vassar later in the week. It blessed me that he would sit for almost 2 hours and visit with me (and Jon, too). He's 20. I remember the first time I saw him he was a toddler!

For lunch Jon, Jess and I went to Culver's for a drive thru lunch. I've gotten so tired of recording everything that goes in my mouth for over 4 months that I just had to have a day where I could eat and not count. I know that sounds crazy, but I eat the same things for breakfast and lunch every day. It gets boring. I've lost 30 pounds but I'm at a stand still for the past 2 weeks. Up .4#, down .2#. Really? Maybe today will kick-start my losing again.

On the way back home Jessie wanted apple cider so we stopped at Verellen's and Jon bought her some and each one of us a donut. YES! Their maple donuts are SOOOO good.

I went outside with Jon before dinner and looked at his garden. It's really doing well. We had fresh peas for dinner. I had to laugh when I saw his fire pit with garlic drying out:


No comments:

Post a Comment