Sunday, July 5, 2020

Sunday

Last night's fireworks that began even before it got dark was unbelievable. We were surrounded! A family 3 doors down had a display in front of their house and someone on the opposite side of the street shot off mortars (at least it sounded like it). The noise didn't disappear until after midnight. For a while we watched the fireworks from Jessie's bedroom window, but it was just too close and too loud even with being indoors with the windows shut. I put Jessie to bed with her iPad, and turned on the window air conditioner in hopes it would drown out some of the noise. It didn't work. Several times I jumped out of my chair. The house even rattled. I felt SO SORRY for the people with PTSD for loud noises. Animals, too.

Jess got up before Jon went to work (6:00 a.m.) and turned on her camping light in my sitting area of the bedroom and watched her iPad. She could have sat on the couch and went back to sleep, but I wouldn't know, as I went back to sleep. However, when my alarm goes off, Jess comes back to bed expecting me to get up. Not. That's just to warn me that getting up is soon. Since no one was coming, I stayed in bed until 9:30. When I got up for the day, Jessie went back to sleep and didn't wake up until 11:00 !!

We watched church on the iPad, only not our church. We watched Pastor Mick, our former pastor at Stoney Creek, who is now the Lead Pastor at Kentwood Community Church near Grand Rapids. It was a very good sermon and Jess didn't watch her iPad once. She watched the entire service. At the beginning when Mick went on stage Jessie said, "HI, Mick!"  "HI, Mick!"  "HI, Mick!"  I think she was a little disappointed that he didn't respond to her.

Chris brought her lunch and we ate on the deck. However, as soon as we finished, we came right back into the air conditioning. It was nice to visit again. It's been way too long.

When Jon and I went to Menard's a bit ago, I bought a new front porch sign. I think it looks really nice.





No comments:

Post a Comment