Thursday, November 12, 2020

Gyros For Dinner

Tonight's dinner was gyro sandwiches. I spent about 5 minutes frying up the meat. I took the ready-made macaroni salad out of the refrigerator. It took longer to set the table. What kind of reaction did I get from Jessie? She kept saying "MMMMM"  "MMMMMM", and she even clapped her hands in excitement because it tasted so good. Seriously? I don't get this kind of reaction when I spend hours on the dinner! Jon, as always, thanked me for a good dinner. Even before Bill passed away Jon would always thank me for a good dinner. He was the only one. 

Jess and I had a good and busy day. I dropped her off at her "Speech" class, went to the bank for an appointment, picked up mail for Ruth and took it to the post office. Went home to get some boxes for Friends of Foster Kids and picked up Jessie. We went to Walgreen's for prescriptions, Kroger's for gas, Leo's for lunch and dropped off the boxes for the Foster Kids. We were gone 3 hours.

The deck was nice and warm when we got home so I spent about an hour outside reading. Two loads of wash got done and folder and I began cleaning off the counter in the family room. I have to get ready for Christmas decorations. Maybe I'll put away the Harvest stuff on Saturday and get the Christmas stuff out a little at a time. It just doesn't seem possible that Thanksgiving is a week and a half away and Christmas a month after. I better get out my list and see what I have to buy yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment