Friday, November 13, 2020

Shopping

While Jennifer and Jessie went out to breakfast, I quickly ate 2 frozen (dry) waffles and went to Meijer's. Since I've lost 40 pounds, I need a new winter coat. I haven't been in Meijer for months, and I don't plan on going back any time too soon! There were no coats that fit or were something I'd wear. I needed a new large 2021 calendar and I did find that. When it came time to check out, I was surprised at each long line. There were only a few lines open and very long lines in each one. According to the check out woman, no one wants to work. 

I met my cousin, Linda, for lunch in Chesterfield at Applebee's. We had a nice chat and the steak quesadilla I had was really good. When we finished, I went across the street to JC Penney's and found a coat! It's still there. It was $200.00 so I decided I didn't really need a coat THAT bad. Around the corner at Kohl's I did find a nice coat for much less. It was regularly $100.00 on sale for $89.99. I had a 30% off coupon and a $5.00 coupon. I did really well! However, it took me 20 minutes to get to the front of the line. You'd think Christmas was tomorrow! I guess everyone is afraid that our illustrious Governor is going to shut us down again due to the rising COVID cases. 


No comments:

Post a Comment