Sunday, November 8, 2020

Indian Summer Day 6

Jon worked and Jess and I went to church. Lunch was at Marcus Grill. Jessie talked for days about having a Chicken Quesadilla. So, that's what we both had, bringing home half of our meals for dinner. I bought Jon a Lobster Swiss Omelet (his favorite) for dinner.

Since Jessie was occupied on her iPad, I read throughout the day, as well 3 hours of checkbook work. I used the table on the deck. It was so nice out there. We are projected to have 2 more days of 70 degree weather. This has been the longest warm days in November I can remember. There were a couple days many years ago way before Bill passed away that I remember putting up outside Christmas lights Thanksgiving weekend and it must have been in the 60's, because we didn't wear coats. That's what I remember.

In thinking about the recent US Presidential Elections, this is what I count on: God IS in control. Even if it doesn't look like it. Praise His Holy Name.

Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim His greatness.
Let the whole world know what He has done.
Psalm 105:1

God is in control, and therefore in everything I can give thanks -
not because of the situation but because of the One who directs and rules over it.
Kay Arthur


No comments:

Post a Comment