Wednesday, December 9, 2020

A Very Busy Two Days

Yesterday, Tuesday, Jane took Jessie to the MTRC swimming. As soon as they left, I got ready to leave and pick up Lois for a medical appointment. However, my van wouldn't start! It's been in the garage for a couple weeks so I'm hoping it's just the battery even though it's only 2 years old! Thanks to Jon who let me use his new Jeep Compass. He had the day off and had just gotten home from early shopping. 

Lois and I went to Hobby Lobby then Wendy's drive thru lunch before we went to Grosse Pte. Woods for her appointment. I sat in my van for 1 1/2 hours reading. That was a nice break for me. It wasn't too cold, either. On the way home we went to Walgreen's then I got our mail. Finally.

Jon made dinner for us tonight ... an Achatz Beef Pie he put in the oven. Lois stayed for dinner then I took her back to her sister's where she's staying this time. I was really tired when I finally got home.

Today, Wednesday, was busier than yesterday. It was a really fun day, too! Joyce and Dawn picked me up at 10:00 and we went to Faith Christian Store in Flint. It was our first time there (I saw it's advertisement on FB) and it was worth the drive. A very nice store. I'm sure I'll go back there in the future. We had a Panera Bread drive thru lunch in the car before our next stop, which was in Lapeer. We went to the Past Tense Country Store and Cider Mill. I definitely will be going back there, too! At the cider mill we looked around and had an ice cream cone. Heading toward home Joyce suggested another stop in Brown City and The Pineberry Shoppe. I definitely will be going back there often. It's one of the nicest country store I've been in, and I bought many Christmas presents. I thought we were through shopping but we made one last stop at the Indigo Lavender Farms in Imlay City. Like I said, it was such a fun day of shopping and supporting small "local" businesses. They dropped me off at 5:15 p.m. and dinner was hot dogs and beans!

Rachel was with Jessie today and they went to Panera Bread for breakfast and Petco for treats and a Christmas present for Darla. When they came home they made gingerbread cookies and Jess did more homework for speech tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment