Saturday, December 12, 2020

Thanks to Mike, Alicia and Alicia's Dad

It's been over a week since my van wouldn't start. It wasn't at the top of my list of to-do's until yesterday. Jennifer's son, Mike, came at lunch time to jump the battery, only it wouldn't keep going once he took off the cables. He came back in the evening and replaced a ??? that was loose. That didn't work either.

I was talking today to my neighbor, Alicia, and she said that her dad was coming over and he'd take it out for me so I could take it and get it replaced. He did and I did. When I returned, Alicia put the new battery in and hooked it up. (I'm impressed, Alicia!) I am so very grateful for all the people who help take care of me. Thank you, God, for taking care of me through my friends.

It's hard to me to deal with things like this. Bill used to do all the house stuff. Cars not, but at least he would make the decision as to what to do about it. The toilet upstairs still needs to be replaced and the only thing, up until yesterday was for me to go buy a toilet and Joyce's husband, Jim, said he'd put it in. I just couldn't do it. I was afraid that if I ordered one, or bought one and it was the wrong kind, I'd have to send it back! The plumbing company called yesterday and lowered their price and I agreed to have them come and put in a new toilet. Two things will soon be taken care of. 

Jessie has been a crab all day. I asked her if she was in pain but she said "NO!" OK, then. Just crabby I guess. It's been a challenging day for me. I worked on my checkbook in between taking care of Jess, the van and etc. Already the day is almost gone and I should finish the checkbook, but I think I'll leave it until tomorrow! I'm not in the right frame of mind for numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment