Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Eve

Unfortunately, today was just like most days. Filled with laundry, preparing breakfast foods for tomorrow morning, preparing a special dinner and caring for Jessie. We did take time out and watched our church's Christmas Eve service at 1:00 p.m. 

Jon worked and was even home 15 minutes early! I talked to Chris earlier today and asked her if she'd like to come over after she worked at church for the services. She arrived just as I was putting dinner on the table: duck, cheesy potatoes and corn (fresh off the cob frozen). It was nice to have company on this special evening.

Jessie was ready for bed around 7:30 and I managed to keep her up until 8:30. She helped me straighten up the family room, put out the stockings (I forgot to hang them earlier in the week!), and get cookies and milk out for Santa. As soon as we are sure Jessie is SOUND asleep, Jon and I will bring down the presents and put them under the tree. Lois will be here in the morning at 8:30 a.m., so I want everything ready by then. 

The tree pic was taken a little after 10:00. About an hour earlier than normal. 


Jessie made sure there was cookies and milk for Santa.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment