Sunday, December 13, 2020

A Very Emotionally Bad Day For Me

Jess and I had breakfast while we tried to watch church. Their sound wasn't very good for the first part of the hour, then when it got better, Jessie lost interest and kept interrupting. Frustrating.

After breakfast I had Jessie help me empty the dishwasher. She does an excellent job of putting away the silverware. However. Today as she finished up, she sneezed in the open drawer! I simply just had no words! 

I had to empty the entire double drawer, wash everything in bleach water, rinse in hot water and let them air dry for several hours on the counters. I am thankful that Jon helped me. It definitely wasn't what I had planned on doing today.

Then the kitchen faucet broke. Again. Jon hauled hot water into the kitchen so we could get the silverware cleaned. By the time I was finished I was in a mood. Not a very good mood either.

Everything I touched seemed to fall on the floor. I opened the freezer to get ice and ice flew out on the floor. I went to pick up one thing and two more fell to the ground! I couldn't get the lid off Jessie's cup. I threw it in the sink. (That opened it!) 

I was so overwhelmed with everything that is going wrong in the house. Now I have to go find a new faucet and find someone to install it for me. Maybe when the company comes to put in the new toilet, they'll be able to replace the faucet, too. I can only hope. 

Oh, yeah. My picture printer died! Pictures I was printing were filled with wet ink. The scanner doesn't work and the pages are all messed up. Guess I'll have to go get another one, too! 

Jessie has been super crabby all day and has spent quite a bit of it yelling at me. I sure wish I knew what her problem was. That takes a toll on me, too.

Enough of the crappy day.

At 5:00 p.m. Jon, Jessie and I went to Panera Bread for a drive-thru flat bread pizza dinner. We ate under a light pole in Kohl's parking lot. When we finished we went for a drive to see Christmas lights. 

The best one was north of 31 Mile Road between Mound and Campground. A huge house had lights and figures everywhere and it was a light show with music on the radio. I wanted to stay and watch it longer than we did, but both Jon and Jess wanted to leave and see more. 

That was a nice time. It helped us all with our attitudes. UNTIL we came in the garage, Jon tripped over the snow shovel, got mad and Jessie began screaming and having a what-ever. She just can't handle when anything goes "wrong", especially to her Jon. 

So, if you're laughing right now, maybe I'll be able to recall this later and laugh with you as I reread our day.  Right now, not so much!





No comments:

Post a Comment