Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Another Christmas Party

I ordered breakfast from Leo's and Jennifer picked it up and brought it home. Jess, Jen and I celebrated Christmas with this special breakfast then we opened presents. 

As you can see from the picture, Jessie really liked the poop napkins and plates Jen gave her! Jessie and her love of the poop imogie. It's beyond me, that's for sure!

My present is a wreath with felt flowers made by Jessie and Jennifer. It is really nice! They did a good job.

Around 11:30 I went and spent the afternoon with Lois and Ruth. They ordered Louie's Pizza for lunch and we watched a Hallmark movie.

Diane and Randie came around 5:00 to deliver our presents and we gave them ours. That was really hard. I had hoped they would come and open gifts on the back porch. We'd wear coats and masks. Oh, well. At least we got to see each other. We'll open presents on Christmas Day and see each other with Face Time. 

This evening has brought me to (almost) tears. First Jessie was singing Christmas carols and she gets very emotional when she sings O Holy Night (my favorite song!). She begins to cry but then tries not to and keeps singing.

Later this evening she wanted to go to bed early after she put Christmas cookies and milk out for Santa. She did cry and get pretty upset when I reminded her she had one more day to go before we could do that. So, she fell asleep on the couch instead.

She's been emotional these past several days. First I know she's having a hard time with Jon being at work so much. Then to just see Diane and Randie and get gifts but can't open them. Today she watched our home videos from Christmas 1988. (That was hard for me, too!) Then just the excitement of Christmas. 

Then Jon's dealing with grief. Every time he talks about work and what he has to deal with each day with COVID breaks my heart for him. Ten residents that he's been with for several years are no longer there. It's going to take quite awhile to get back to "normal" there for everyone.

I grieve in a small way for all the families that will be celebrating Christmas in 2 days without someone they love and have lost this year. And this will be our 9th Christmas without Bill, and 10 for my Mom. Wow. Unbelievable. 

That's enough tears for awhile. I continue to praise my Heavenly Father for taking care of us these years. He is worthy of all praise. I love you, Jesus!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment