Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Frustrating Day

My day's plans were made and Bill and I were ready to go out the door.  The phone rings and it is a doctor's office reminding me of an apointment on Monday for Jessie.  An adult endocrinologist.  I've had this appointment for 6 months on the calendar and I paid $30.13 four months ago to have the records copied and sent from her pediatric endocrinologist.  Guess what?  They've never received them, and "you don't really need them," the receiptionist said.  "Just bring a copy of her latest blood work."  (Which I don't have.)  I was NOT happy.  That was the beginning of my day.

We finally left to go to my mom's for the afternoon and I stopped at KFC to pick up some chicken pot pies.  They are really yummy and I knew my mom would enjoy something freshly made.  I paid the bill and noticed she took off some money and asked her why.  She said that she gave me the senior citizen's discount.  Oh, brother.  It's one thing when I ask for it, another when they give it to me!  Do you know what I mean?

Then, my mom wasn't as good as she has been in the past several weeks.  The dimentia was very pronounced and she mumbled alot.  Both Bill and I had headaches when we left and both of us took naps when we got home.  I think I'll just call it a day and look forward to a better tomorrow.  Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment