Monday, January 31, 2011

Jessie and Grandma

Jessie was not happy with me that we couldn't have our girls day out as we always do on Monday's because I needed to be at the hospital with grandma.  I told her she could have a brother/sister day out and Jon would take her for lunch.  She also wasn't very happy that she couldn't go see grandma.

So, Jon decided that he'd bring Jessie to the hospital and visit with grandma for awhile.  It actually turned out really well.  She was excited to see her, then was insistent that the two of us go to the cafeteria and get chicken.  So, that's what we did!  Our girls day out lunch was at the cafeteria at Troy Beaumont Hospital. 

At first I didn't think we'd make it because there was a very loud and rambunctious little boy ahead of us with a Sponge Bob back pack on.  Jessie began shutting down and refused to carry her tray.  I definitely couldn't carry 2 trays, my purse and grab hold of her.  A very nice hospital worker offered to carry Jessie's tray and followed us to a table (far away from the little boy).  She put down the tray, looked at me and said, "I have a sister with Downs."  She also looked at Jessie's tray and said, "She doesn't have enough ketchup or pop!"  How right she was!  I had 3 containers of ketchup and she needed more and she drank her bottle of pop and half of mine!

Bill said he was bored out of his mind today.  He also didn't feel really well, but I think he's just well enough to care that he's bored.  Know what I mean? 

No comments:

Post a Comment