Sunday, January 23, 2011

It All Began Six Months Ago Today

My Bill has the best brain.  He remembers dates, events, and a whole lot more than I do.  This morning he told me that six months ago today we found the blood clot in his arm, went to the doctor's, had an ultrasound and was admitted to the hospital.  Today is the day that our lives took on a different route than we had planned. 

For those of you that know me well, you know that I believe the Bible is the Word of God.  Whether I like everything I read in it is irrelevant.  It is the TruthJeremiah 28:11 says:  "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 

I wonder what possible good the last six months have been.  We certainly haven't prospered financially, Bill has had terrible physical days, and for awhile we had no hope for a future together.  So, what about Jeremiah 28:11?  Do I believe it?  ABSOLUTELY!!!!! 

I trust God enough to know that He is faithful and that my life is part of His great plan.  God allows things to happen to us that we would normally call bad.  These past six months have been terrible.  However, we have seen God work in ways that we never would have seen otherwise.  God can be trusted for the plans that He has for us.  I only hope that I will be faithful enough to be the person He wants me to be, no matter if the plans that I have for myself and my family are not God's.  Looking back on my life, I KNOW that His plans have always been better than mine.  Praise His Holy Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment