Saturday, January 29, 2011

Just An Up-Date

Diane spent the night at the hospital with mom and I was there all day today.  Some of her high levels are coming down a bit, but still very high.  She's not in good shape, that's for sure.  Her cognitive abilities seem better - probably thanks to the antibiotics.  She still has kept her humor, too!  I'm hoping she has a good night's sleep, as well as Diane, me and the rest of the family.  We all suffered from lack of sleep and bad dreams last night.

Bill's not been well at all today.  Plastered to the couch again.  Very sick.  I feel bad that I couldn't be here to just sit with him, but I am so glad that Jon was able to be here and care for both Jessie and Bill.  We are blessed. 

Last May when Jessie spent the night in the hospital due to acute tonsilitis, we bought her a cute orange bear holding a basket with a "Get Well Soon" balloon in it.  When I told her that Grandma was in the hospital, she gasped, ran to her room, and returned with the orange bear.  "Here!" she said, "Grandma! Hospital!"  That just melted my heart.  It made my mom's day, too, because she remembered it, and asked me several times to thank Jessie.  Even in the midst of more trials, God just blesses us with things like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment