Monday, March 12, 2012

Celebrating Bill's Life

In Celebration of the Life
of
William Sutton


Monday, March 12, 2012


Prelude Music

Processional with Casket to the Front

Song w/pictures - "Did I Make A Difference?"

Greetings and Prayer - Pastor Garry

Special Music - "Press On" - Laurel

Scripture and Prayer - Pastor Mick

Memorial Tributes of Bill Sutton
Pastor Garry
Barry

Special Music - "My Redeemer Lives" - Laurel
accompanied by Jay

Message - Pastor Garry

Closing Prayer of Comfort

Song - "Save A Place For Me"

Postlude Music



What an awesome service we had for Bill.  He would have LOVED it!  There were over 160 people who attended the service and blessed us with their presence.  I know that Bill was watching and was humbled by the wonderful tribute to him, my husband, my man of God.  Later on I will be able to listed to the service again, as they made audio CD's available of the service. 

After the service we watched as they took Bill's body to the cemetery to be buried.  The luncheon was delicious and around 2:00 family members and a few who wanted to attend, met at the cemetery for the committal service.  That, too, was special.  Everyone gathered before Pastor Garry arrived, so we stood around Bill's grave in a circle and shared memories of Bill.  They were precious and we even ended up laughing.  I told everyone that Bill would have loved it because he LOVED to laugh.

I knew that today was going to be the hardest day and I did cry, but it also was a very joyful time.  I was so uplifted from the service that it was hard not to be happy.  Life I said, it was AWESOME!



2 comments:

  1. Nancy, it was such an honor to celebrate Bill's life with you and Jon! Thank you for honoring your husband and father in a beautiful way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine what a beautiful celebration it was!! The only thing missing were the fireworks...lol!!

    Love you dear friend!! See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete