Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Feeling Lost

For the past month Bill has needed 24/7 care.  I had spent most of my time upstairs in the bedroom with him.  Tomorrow will be one week since he passed away.  Beginning yesterday I didn't have to get up for anything.  My calendar is empty.  Bill doesn't need care.  I find myself looking off into the distance, not really seeing.  There is no time line and no one needs to be cared for, except Jess and she just needs monitoring.  I feel lost.  I know I need rest and I have taken naps, but this is the first time in many, many years that I have not been a care giver.  Adjustments certainly need to be made.  I need to find my "new norm".

This morning Jessie said she wanted to go to Heaven, too.  I explained to her that we will go one day and be with Daddy again, but it wasn't the right time.  Debbie had her outside quite a bit and she really enjoyed that.  I was tempted to put the porch in order for the summer, but you just never know.  I recall several April snowstorms.  So, I just left it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment