Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Armada Fair


 Jon and I went to the Armada Fair today and met my special girls, Kylee and Lynzee for the afternoon.  We had a nice day of looking at all the animals and exhibits and the girls went on one of the rides.  (They are upside down in the picture below).  In my younger years, I would always ride the Scrambler, the Himalaya and the Tilt a Whirl.  Now, those are considered lame.  I thought they were pretty wild.  The girls had a caramel apple and Jon and I both had deep fried twinkies and corn dogs on sticks.  I also bought some sugar coated pecans and almonds.  That's called the fair mentality.  Did I need any of those foods?  No.  Since I rarely go to fairs, I felt it would be OK to splurge.  I'm sure it'll take me days to make up the calories, that's for sure.  I will need to work extra hard in the morning at Water Aerobics.

The bottom picture features goats in coats.  I'm not quite sure why they and many of their friends had them on.  Anyone know? 

1 comment:

  1. around here in Montana - once an animal has been groomed for show, the coat is placed on it so that the coat doesn't get dirty or messed up prior to the show ring.

    ReplyDelete