Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Jessie's Day

Well, it sure began early - even before it was light out.  Up at 6:30 and playing on her iPad and watching videos.  I tried to encourage her to go back to bed, but she didn't want any part of that.  I'm sure by the time she got her (late) breakfast at 10:00, she must have been starved. 

Debbie and Jess went out side for awhile swinging, then came in and read books.  Just before noon the three of us went to the Sahara restaurant for our final summer luncheon with our Bible Study Small Group.  I really don't want fall to be here, but I am looking forward to going back to Bible Study.  Obviously, a Middle Eastern restaurant doesn't carry chicken nuggets or strips, so I was a little concerned what Jess would eat.  She enjoyed her grilled chicken thighs, french fries and steamed vegetables.  It was a winner.  I brought home half of my rice and vegetables and she ate them for dinner.

We also went to Menchie's for dessert.  I have to say that our bowls weren't that full, and a couple women didn't even order.  It was fun to see these ladies again.  I'm glad we got together this summer.

The rest of the day I have been working at the computer on the Fund Raiser.  I am going to work another hour or so then call it a night.  Jon had a dental appointment this morning, went grocery shopping, ate out and has been in his room watching tv the rest of the day.  He needed a day to rest from his past 3-days at work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment