Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Welcome Abroad!

I received a text today that read ... "Welcome abroad! To call back to the U.S., dial +1 followed by 10-digit number.  Please note intl rates apply."  Where was I?  In Lakeport - north of Port Huron. I didn't remember leaving the United States!  Too funny. 

After Water Aerobics this morning  (which neither one of us really wanted to be at), Lois and I went to my friend, Leann's home on the Lake for our Joyful Journey get together.  It was very hot, but we had a nice time of visiting, eating, sharing, eating, singing and praying. 

It's rare that Lois and I go anywhere that we don't stop and shop somewhere.  Today wasn't any different.  Mary Maxim's had a tent sale, so we shopped there for awhile.  I don't ever remember being there before and it sure was a nice place.  We need to go back when we can really look around and not be rushed.  Fort Gratiot is packed full of nice stores.  We'll have to make it a day trip and "shop till we drop". 

I was home for only an hour before I had to leave to go to church for Stephen Ministry Supervision Group.  We couldn't be inside because the sealer on the gym floor still permeated the entire building.  My group met on the side of the building on a very old, rickety picnic table.  We made sure that when we got up to leave, we all rose at the same time.  We also had a gasp moment when the sprinklers turned on. Thankfully, they were pointed the opposite direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment