Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Two Meetings And An Evening At Home

Because our church's gym floor was being refinished, our SM Leader's meeting met at Panera Bread this morning - for 3 hours.  I had just enough time to refill my pop, order a grilled cheese sandwich and drive to church to pick up a friend and her daughter.  We drove out to China Twp. for our Down Syndrome Book Club meeting.  I wasn't going to go because I didn't have the time to read the 2 chapters - they were really long, but I didn't want to miss out on the other's comments.  However, I wasn't the only one who didn't do their reading!  No one else did, either.  We had a nice hour long visit before their girls went swimming in their pool.

As I watched the 3 girls with Down Syndrome I wished that Jessie could have been there and would have been able to make some new friends.  She was more than welcome, but she never would have gone up the stairs to the pool deck and down the ladder.  The girls all had swim lessons and were like fish in the water.  I wish that Jessie didn't have so many phobias that make it impossible for her to do more events with this group of girls.  Or with me, for that matter. 

But, Jessie is Jessie.  I'm glad she can do all that she does.  I am greatful for her health, her kindness to others, her need to pray for others that are sick or hurt, and her laughter.  She really is quite funny.

Debbie took Jessie and Memphis for a long walk today and she has pictures that she's going to send me and I'll post them.  She had a good day, even though she wasn't doing what I wished she was able to do. 

BTW ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEBBIE !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment