Saturday, August 31, 2013

Congratulations, Denise and Rob !!!

Today my sister-in-law, Denise (Ed's wife), was married to Rob.  It was such a nice wedding.  Both of their children stood up with them and the kids also lit the outside candles before Rob and Denise lit the unity candle.  I have to admit, I cried.  I am so happy for Denise and Rob.  I wish them many, many long years of happiness and much love.

As a side-job, Denise makes and decorates cakes, and she also did her own.  It's really nice, isn't it.  Rob suggested they just buy one from Costco, but Denise wouldn't have any of that.  I'm glad she held out.  Her cakes are always super!

Jon went with me, and Di and Randie were there, too.  There was a nice luncheon afterwards in the church's multi purpose room.

While we were gone, Rachel and Jessie made our dinner.  Rachel made from scratch the dough and Jess helped her put it together.  I really appreciated that.  And, it was very good.

As you may have noticed, I didn't post yesterday.  I was going to, but the thunder and crazy lightning began so I shut the computer down and went upstairs.  I took Jessie to breakfast since Debbie took the day off and Rachel worked until 11:00.  She came at noon and watched Jess while Lois and I continued on her 30-year scrapbook.  We should finish it tomorrow.  At least that's what we're both counting on.

Oh, yes, the picture of Jon and I is a self-portrait, since no one ever thinks of taking MY picture.  I needed one of the two of us to commemorate today.  Good think Jon's arm is longer than mine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment