Sunday, August 10, 2014

Continuing To Get Ready For Surgery

Jon worked so we weren't about to go to church.  I told Jess we'd watch Pastor Mick on the iPad but that never happened.  I spent all day doing paper work and preparing to be laid up for awhile.  I gave Jess a bath (she's not able to be left alone in there and requires assistance).  Plus, she got her legs and arm pits shaved (she laughs hysterically) and her finger nails and toe nails cut (she screams bloody murder!).  By the time that was done, my back was killing me.  Not being able to take the Mobic really makes a difference.  By afternoon I was barely able to walk my back hurt so bad.  I tried to dust and vacuum the upstairs but just couldn't.  Thanks goes to Rachel who came and did it for me.  That was a blessing.

I made us a homemade potato salad, something I haven't done in many years.  It included homegrown potatoes, celery, onion and dill.  We also had fresh green beans from the garden for dinner, too.

Tomorrow will be a busy day with a meeting in the morning, a doctor's appointment at 11:00 a.m. and another appointment at the house at 1:30 p.m.  I need to finish paperwork and do a couple internet orders.  I'll hear from the surgery center tomorrow what time to arrive on Tuesday.  I am just not looking forward to this surgery.  It must be done, so I don't have much choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment