Monday, August 11, 2014

Noah Called ...

... he'll be by in 15 minutes.  Actually Jon saw him on the corner on his way home from work.  :-)  We've had torrential rains since this afternoon and all around here is flooded.  My friend Julie called and she was on I-59 and they were stopped and the police had turned them around to go back (the wrong way) because the road was flooded near Mound. She said it was strange driving on the wrong side of the expressway.  That made her get off the on ramp!  She hopes to get home before midnight.

Jon's work parking lot had 6" of standing water in it and the Clinton River under 15 Mile had overflowed its banks, flooding the road and heading for Schoenherr.  He's safely home but very wet.

I've done all I can do around the house now in preparing for being laid up for several weeks.  Bills have been paid for the month, the house has been cleaned (thanks to Rachel), the dog was groomed and so was Jessie! Unfortunately, my surgery isn't until 3:30 pm. tomorrow.  I have to be there by 1:30 p.m.  By that time I'll have a headache from lack of food or water.

I'll try to have Jon blog something in a day or so to just let you-all know how I'm doing. Prayers appreciated. Thanks so much!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your surgery goes without a hitch and more, I pray your recovery is quick and you have full use/strength in your repaired shoulder. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy - just to let you know that I am praying for you. May you have a quick recover and Jess & Jon do ok without you there.

    ReplyDelete