Sunday, April 19, 2015

A Most Relaxing Day

Jessie spent the day with her Apples 2 Apples cards and iPad. She's been happy except when I've coughed. Then she starts screaming at me. At yesterday's conference I brought home a plastic necklace with a cross on it and gave it to her. She got herself dressed this morning and she put it on. That's so unusual that I had to take a picture! She doesn't normally wear jewelry.

I've been "fighting" a sinus infection and sore throat now for several days. I've kept on top of it with my essential oils, hot rice packs and elderberry syrup. After breakfast I sat on the couch and listened to our Good Friday and Easter Sunday services with a rice pack on my eyes. When it finished I took a nap. Jessie and I went to Subway for lunch then I needed to pick up medication at Walgreen's. When we got home I headed for the couch again and read some in the book "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn, preparing for tomorrow night's book club. Then I closed my eyes again and took another nap! I'm feeling much better tonight.

I prepared a really nice dinner: baked veggies (potatoes, carrots, asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash, onions and kale) mixed with sausage. It is very time consuming making it, but well worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment