Thursday, April 2, 2015

Dr. Visit Outcome ... Not What I Expected

Jon took me to the doctor today that I was hoping would order shots for my back like I had 5 years ago. Those shots helped a great deal. However, he wouldn't do it, since my symptoms are different than before. I do agree with that. He said that a shot won't help for the pain I am having now. Arthritis. He recommends aquatic physical therapy 3 times a week for a month. Great. Just what I wanted to do. I was excited the other day when I looked at my April calendar and saw that there were alot of days with nothing on them. Oh, well. Not anymore.

I have to admit I am a bit discouraged. I had hoped a couple shots would help the pain for several years. I didn't know that the arthritis was as extensive as he said it was. (I must have been sleeping when he talked to me a couple of months ago.) I need to reevaluate what I'll be able to do in my years ahead.

Right now, I need to thank God that I still have strength in my legs (the doctor said I had alot of "kick" left!) and I'm able to walk. He said I shouldn't have much strength for the severity of my spine. Although I am depressed tonight, I will NOT stay depressed. I'm going to have my usual quiet time with God tonight and praise Him. God's mercies are new every morning. Bless His Holy Name!


No comments:

Post a Comment