Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Aquatic PT

Today was my first day of aquatic physical therapy. I guess I did OK. Some of the moves I was familiar with because of water aerobics. One of my biggest things I need to work on is my posture. I know I slump in chairs rather than sitting up straight and shoulders back. Can we teach an old dog new tricks?

The rest of the day was a surprise. I spent the afternoon with Lois after having lunch with Jon and Lois. We shopped for a few last minute items before her return to Haiti on Thursday.

Brenda took Jessie swimming then Subway for lunch. Since this is Easter break, there were scores of kids that came in the pool at noon. Brenda said that Jessie stayed in the pool, watched them and did well. That is good news.

God also spared their lives today! Brenda said that they narrowly missed hitting a car head-on that turned right in front of them. In order to miss the car she had to put the brakes to the floor and steer the van to the turn lane. Everything from the back of the van ended up by Jessie, and it upset Jessie very much. Brenda was able to pull over and help Jessie regain control of her emotions. That is probably the reason why she began screaming at me as soon as I got home. Poor kid just doesn't know how to process certain events. I've always said that if we ever get in a car accident, I don't think I'll ever get Jessie back in a vehicle again. Praise God that it didn't happen today. Praise God, with me, that He protected Jessie and Brenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment