Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Back Tracking and A Big Splash

Last night I sat staring at the screen with nothing to blog that I thought I wanted to remember. Tonight I have a couple things about my day ...

I drove through Panera Bread for a diet Pepsi on my way to meet Julie at the show to see "My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2" around 9:30 a.m. It took 10 minutes in line before I could whisk my diet and myself down the expressway only to discover that my diet pop was really regular pop. So much for quenching my thirst. About 6 hours later I did go back and told them what happened and received my diet pop.

I made a shake just before I left to go the the post office and bank later in the day. I put all the ingredients in, twisted the top on and began to shake it ... I had forgotten to shut the lid! I was covered with chocolate shake! I even had a puddle in my bra. A sticky puddle. Not only was I covered in chocolate but the tomatoes, bottles of oils and spices, counter and floor were a mess. Like Jon said when I told him ... I won't forget the lid again.

After I finished at the bank I got gas in the van, only to have my brain say, "You didn't get back all your money!" After checking envelopes and my wallet and trying to remember what I did give the girl, I returned to the bank to let her know. She was sure she didn't make a mistake. I was positive I didn't. I had to wait for her call after the bank closed to see if she was over in her drawer. She was. I have to go back tomorrow to pick up my money.

So that about sums up my day, except for a good Stephen Ministry Continuing Education evening. Next time we meet we add 2 new trainees.

Oh - Jessie had a great day with Rachel, Jennifer and Sue. When she worked at the Library they had saved her a lot of DVD's to file and according to Jen, she did an excellent job!

Jon was given his evaluation today at work and it was very good. He also got a raise. Nice going, Jon!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go John. I've been commenting but they don't seem to be taking. Are you on a published diet plan? Sorry about the shake lid - and sorry the bank made that error. Have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete