Saturday, March 5, 2016

Friday's Blog

Yesterday, Friday, Rachel took Jessie out to breakfast, as she does every Friday. Once again their older gentleman friend paid for their breakfast. Jessie gave him a hug to thank him.

They went to Target for coffee for Rachel and a hot chocolate for Jessie and picked up a few things at Meijer's. Then they went to see Zootopia.

I left at 3:25 p.m. and picked up Doreen and we met Chris at Cracker Barrel in Port Huron at 4:30 p.m. for dinner, then went to Colonial Woods Missionary Church for a Selah concert at 7:00 p.m. Jon was home with Jessie.

As always, it was really great. I was disappointed at first, though, that Allen Hall wasn't able to be there because of having pneumonia. However, Michael Passons, founding member of Avalon stepped in and did a fantastic fill in. He even sang "I'll Testify To Love". We had great seats, too. Third row from the front.

Today, Saturday, Jessie and I have been busy all day. We both worked on "Aunt" Lois' prayer letter. Jessie put all the address labels, stamps and return address stamps on each envelope. Then she stuffed 3/4 of them. She was done after 2 hours so I finished the rest. I'm so proud of her. She worked steadily and did an awesome job. While we worked we listened to Alan Hall's newest CD, Work of Love that I bought last night. It's good.

We took a break around 1:00 p.m. and went to the post office and Leo's Coney Island for a quick lunch.

Around snack time Jessie went in the kitchen to get her snack and came to me bearing a very wet, dripping towel. My dishwasher leaked all over the floor! A lot! Jessie would not let me help clean it up. She was having too much fun with a towel under each foot shuffling along the kitchen floor. That's my girl.







No comments:

Post a Comment