Tuesday, March 8, 2016

I Chose Joy Today

It's very warm tonight. Just like 4 years ago. The evening Bill passed away. It had been in the 60's the week prior and remained in the 60's for a week after. I dread certain anniversaries. Today being one of them. However ...

When Brenda came to work this morning she brought this beautiful bouquet of flowers, along with a nice card, saying that she was thinking of us on this particular day. For a little bit it made me sad. Then, I decided I would chose JOY today instead of grief and PRAISE God who has brought us through these 4 years.

I remember sitting on the couch with Bill one night and we were both crying, knowing the end was near. I knew he was worried about us and what would happen to us. I reassured him that we would be OK. Not OK because he wouldn't be here, but OK because the same God that was carrying us through those dark days would carry the 3 of us in to the future. A future of hope and bright days.

And He has! God has met our every need. I praised God today because He is a faithful God. A God who can be trusted. One who deserves our utmost devotion. I believe that the 3 of us have done very well in these past 4 years, all THANKS going to God.  I miss my Willie very, very much, but I KNOW that He is ALIVE in Heaven with my Jesus.

Neither Jon nor I wanted to stay home today so we went to breakfast, voted, and went to Telly's to look at all the spring and fairy garden flowers and trees. Then we went to Bahama Breeze and had an appetizer lunch: yucca cheese bites, beef empanadas and bbq pork and plantains. It was a nice, different lunch.

Thank you, Jesus, for a nice day!







No comments:

Post a Comment