Monday, March 21, 2016

My Battle With Obesity

Today I began a Medically Supervised Weight Management Loss Program through my endocrinologist's office. I've never done anything this drastic before, but I know I can't keep gaining weight. Whenever I've been on a "diet" or tried to eat right, I never told anyone because I knew that when I failed, I would be a disappointment not only to myself but others. (Talk about defeating myself from the beginning!)

This time I realize that it is a spiritual battle. I have put much prayer into this endeavor and I plan on succeeding with God's daily help. I can not do the things I want to do because of my back. Losing weight won't cure my back, but it sure will help. I may be able to come off of a lot, if not all, the prescribed medication I am on that is due to being overweight.

Today is Day #1. I ate all I was supposed to and drank the shake that I have to drink twice a day. I do NOT like milk, malts, shakes or puddings. I've asked God to help me LIKE the drink so I can be successful. I found that drinking it through a straw and not breathing helps! I will be successful. And, maybe this program and my determination to even exceed my goals will help others.

Like I said, this is a spiritual battle. Ephesians 6:11-12a says: "Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against ... ".  The devil does not want me to be healthy so that I can better serve God. He wants to discourage me. Like today ... Beginning at 1:00 p.m. this afternoon Jessie began hollering for her (4:00 p.m.) snack! She had lunch about a half hour earlier and for the next 3 hours yelled about her snack. That kept the thought of cookies in front of me all afternoon. She has never done that before.






No comments:

Post a Comment