Saturday, July 2, 2016

A Really Nice Day

Jon, Jess and I went to breakfast this morning but Jess didn't do so well, as there were several babies inside. We stopped at Van's Valley to see their flowers and their garage sale, then while they waited in the van I went to Hallmark's because I had a 40% off coupon. I bought a cute ceramic frog (with black rimmed glasses) plant holder. After that we drove down to Wiegand's to see what kind of sales they had. We bought a few things. Jessie didn't do too bad there. We went in to the butterfly house and toured their back grounds which are really nice. Dollar Store and the post office were our last stops before home.

Jon worked in his garden and I took the rest of the day off and read my book outside on the deck. We ate out there tonight, too. First time this season, I think. We enjoyed watching all the different birds feeding on our "pretend" tree where Jon has about 6 bird feeders with different seeds for different birds. Tonight there were sparrows, a wood pecker, a yellow finch, cardinals, doves, and a small bird like a sparrow but with a red head and breast. And, one lone squirrel.

Watching those birds reminded me of the song that goes .... "His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me!" What an awesome God we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment