Thursday, February 25, 2021

Heather !!!!!

What a day this has been. Jess and I left at 9:30 this morning for 10:00 and 10:30 hair cut appointments. When we finished, I drove through McDonald's to get a quick drive thru lunch that we ate at home with Jon. Less than a half hour after arriving home, Jess and I had to leave for a doctor's appointment. It was down in Troy and took us about 45 minutes to get there. When our yearly office visit was over we left and drove to Jessie's "speech" class. By that time I was soooo tired. I am so blessed to have such a friend that Joyce is to me. While Jessie is working with Joyce, I sit in her office and either read or pray. Today she had a pot of hot water under a tea cozie with a cup and saucer and tea bag ready for me next to the chair I sit in! That fed my soul!

After Jessie's session we picked up Jon and went to the Ocean Breeze for dinner. I knew that I surely wouldn't want to fix dinner tonight so we had planned on going to an early dinner. Upon walking in the door who came to greet us? Our good friend, Heather! She said she had been working there since September, but since they don't open until 3:00, we rarely go there. We try not to eat dinner out since it's a crowded time and that's not good for Jessie. What a blessing to see her and get a huge hug from her and catch up on all that's been happening with her. We first met her in 2009 when she was waitressing at The Garden Grille (same location as the current Ocean Breeze). Even though today was really busy and tiring, God gave me 2 special blessings. 

Jessie did very well today also. She's just now making her tired noises so I think we'll start to go upstairs in a few minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment