Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Singer Sewing Machine Day

If you know me, this picture should shock you! Yes. It is a sewing machine and I didn't borrow it. It's mine. Believe it or not.

Last December I took a shirt in to be altered at a local alteration place. All I wanted was to take a couple inches in under the arms so that after my 40# weight loss I could still wear it. They wanted $35.00 for this simple project!!!!! That did it. I bought myself a Traditional Singer Sewing machine and today I spent several hours taking off inches of the hem and hemming a pair of Jessie's pants. 

Several hours? Yup. Doing something I really don't like to do and the machine is DECADES newer than the one I used at my Mom's house growing up, I had a lot to review. Several times I got stuck but went on-line and watched a how-to video. That really helped. I completed one pair of Jessie's jeans. The other one I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon to complete.

Last night Jon and I decided that I needed to take Jessie to the doctor today. However, when she woke up, she was happy and she said she was better and didn't sound too bad. So, we didn't go. She's had a good day on her iPad or watching home videos. We went to Panera Bread for their flat bread pizza and ate in Kohl's parking lot. She's still a bit hoarse but not too bad, unless she starts yelling at me then she sounds funny! Like now. She hates the sound of the keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment