Friday, February 19, 2021

Thursday and Friday

Yesterday, Thursday, was a busy day. Jess had "speech" then Joyce helped me thread my new sewing machine. If anyone reading this knows me, you will be shocked to read that I have a sewing machine because I don't sew. Threading a needle gives me the "shakes"!  I decided to get one because I took one of my +40 pounds heavier shirts to have under the arms brought in so I could still wear it. The place I took it to wanted $35.00!  Ah, no way! I'll do it myself. I used to sew on my mom's sewing machine umpteen years ago, but nothing in the past 30 plus years!

On the way home, Jess and I had lunch at The Pantry then came home. I'm so tired of eating wraps for lunch at home and an apple for lunch. All I've eaten since last March. I do need to get back in to the WW routine, but not this week.

For dinner I made what the 3 of us really like: baked veggies (sugar snap peas, asparagus, carrots, onions, potatoes, brussels sprouts and sausage with bacon and a bit of maple syrup). 

I would have blogged last night but I took Jess up for a bath at 8:00 and she usually comes back downstairs for a bed time snack, but was too scared to come back down the stairs. (She has a vision problem with darkness and stairs.) My night downstairs ended at 8:30 and up stairs I stayed. 






Today, Friday, Jon had his second Covid vaccine shot. He doesn't look so good and doesn't feel good. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.  Since the second shot is supposed to be worse, he shouldn't be better but I've been praying that God would be gracious to him and he not get as sick as he expects. We will see. 

I went with Jennifer and Jessie to Leo's for breakfast. Brent, Diane, Tom and another special needs young woman met us, then all of them but me went bowling. I went to the bank, Michael's, Kroger's and the post office before getting home. Then I took Jessie's van to get gas and when I got home I did some snow shoveling. We had about another 2" of snow last night. 

I'm tired. I've walked over 7,000 steps today and my feet and back feel like it. I'm ready to go upstairs and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment